The day before President Bush arrives in Israel, onejerusalem, a great organization dedicated to protecting the unity of Israel's capital city is organizing an important demonstration to protect the city from partition. Here's the information from the onejerusalem.org website:
- On the day before President Bush begins his visit to Israel, One Jerusalem is organizing a massive human chain around the walls of the Old City.
- The Human Chain is an expression of our firm support for a united Jerusalem.
- The Human Chain is grassroots opposition to Prime Minister Olmert's declaration that Jerusalem should be divided.
- The Jewish people rejecting the defeatism of the Olmert government.
- We are meeting on Tuesday, January 8, 2:30 PM at the Jaffa Gate. At 4 PM, the assembled will pledge their allegiance to protect Jerusalem.
- In Israel, people interested in joining should call 1-800-20-20.
I'll try to be there and I urge everyone who can participate to come and bring your friends and family.